A couple of weeks ago I was nominated by Carrie, from the Little Blog of Letting Go @ http://littleblogoflettinggo.com/, for the Liebster Award. I am absolutely honoured and I thank you, Carrie, from the bottom of my heart for recognizing my blog as worthy reading material.
If you’ve been blogging for a while you probably already know what the Liebster Award is about. For those of you who don’t the Liebster Award is given to rising bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The word Liebster is German and has a variety of meanings such as sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
The purpose of the Liebster Blog Award is to recognize those who are new to blogging and to help promote their blog to other bloggers.
The rules are as follows; I must:
- List 11 random facts about myself
- Answer the 11 questions that Carrie created for me to answer.
- Pass the torch by nominating 11 new bloggers.
- Create 11 questions for my nominees
- Display the Liebster Award logo.
11 Random Facts About Me
- I am the luckiest woman in the world because I have the best husband in the world.
- I am the luckiest mom in the world (next to my mom,lol ;)) because I have the best, most beautiful daughter in the world.
- I have a strong love for all creatures great and small which is why I have 3 cats, 3 snakes, 2 turtles, 1 Savannah monitor, 1 bearded dragon, 1 scorpion and about 30 tarantulas. The weird creatures are my husband’s hobby. I learned to love them when I fell in love with him. Now I can’t imagine not having them around 🙂
- I am a clean freak and a neat freak. Everything has to be spotless and in it’s place. Otherwise, I feel unsettled and unbalanced.
- I am a true Libra: balanced; love peace, harmony and justice; natural-born leader
- I am a perfectionist which can sometimes cause undue stress but it keeps me continuously striving.
- I am a fitness freak and love everything health and fitness related. I do martial arts, workout like a machine and play soccer like I’m competing for the FIFA World Cup.
- I LOVE chocolate!!!! However, if I have a certain health or fitness goal in mind I have the discipline to say no to chocolate or any other junk food because I’m determined to be successful.
- I am very spiritual and have a strong faith in God.
- I love reading books that have anything to do with spirituality, personal development and psychology.
- I believe in angels because I believe they guide and protect me. I also believe it’s important to treat everyone with love and respect because you just never know when you could be talking to an angel 🙂
My Answers to the 11 Questions Carrie Created for Me:
1) What are you most afraid of?
Funny enough, I’m afraid of mice which is weird because I have to feed them to my snakes. I don’t understand the fear. They just kinda make my skin crawl!
2) Do you have a favorite quote or personal motto? If so, what is it?
I have two:
- Dream Big…Make it happen
- If your dreams don’t scare you, they’re not big enough !
3) What is the most difficult life event you have experienced?
I would have to say that going through a divorce about four years ago was difficult. It was very life changing but, I’m grateful for the experience because it strengthened my character and I have now been blessed with the best husband in the world.
4) What is the most joyful life event you have experienced?
I am very blessed because I have many but, the most joyful was the birth of my princess 18 years ago.
5) Who are your heroes?
My mom and dad, the two people I look up to the most. They have raised 3 great children who are all successful and made many sacrifices in doing so. Despite their health issues which would have most people giving up, they face each day with a smile, thank God for another day of life and keep a positive attitude.
6) What is your favorite “thing” in all the world? People don’t count, and it does not have to be a material “thing”. For example, my favorite “thing” is Star Trek.
My most favourite thing is long socks. I have tons of pairs with different patterns and funky colours. I wear them only in the winter, of course, but I love them because they keep me all warm and cozy.
7) Do you believe in life on other planets?
Absolutely!! I believe there is so much more to this world than we can even begin to imagine!
8) If you could change one thing in the world, what would it be?
I would break down all the barriers that have been built by and that are the cause of all pain, suffering and hatred. I would love to be able to wave a magic wand that would cause an awakening and raise levels of consciousness to reduce greed and conflict and create more love and compassion.
9) If you answered the phone and a voice on the other end said, “I have a loaded gun to my head. Give me one good reason why I shouldn’t pull the trigger?” How would you respond?
My response would be: You shouldn’t pull the trigger because I am here for you. I care and I want to help you end the pain. You matter and your feelings matter. Your life is as significant and as valuable as anyone else’s life and you deserve love and happiness. Please talk to me and help me understand your pain so we can get through this together.
10) What do you think the most important words in the English language are?
And I have six more that I’ll put into two phrases:
- Love thy neighbour
- Do unto others
11) How do you plan to make the world a better place?
I plan to reach out to as many people as possible to lead and inspire towards living clean and healthy lives creating a mind, body and spirit balance.
Danabolic– All Things Health and Fitness
Diamonds With Flaws– Self-Love.Encouragement.Motivation.Advice.Change.
Fit & Busy– There’s No Such Thing As Too Busy
Gracie’s Greens-Documenting the life of an aspiring dancer, fitness maniac, and crazy health nut one bowl of greens at a time.
Italian Curly– A new(ish) CrossFitter just trying to live in a lovelier light!
JSResults’s Blog-Chasing The Top One Day At A Time!
pFIT pFUN– Fitness tips, workouts and motivation.
Project Eat Me– Tasty, Healthy, Fun Food
Stefanya– Natural Living, Natural Skin Care
The Iron Cheftress– Life & Kitchen of a Personal Trainer
Yvie Sismee-Fitness, Exhilaration, and Nutrition
Congratulations! You all have wonderful blogs with a lot of valuable information and experiences to share. Keep striving and making your dreams come true.
- What is your favourite past time?
- What sign of the zodiac are you and does your personality/character fit the description?
- Where is your most favourite vacation spot?
- What’s your favourite colour?
- What movie could you watch a million times and it never gets old?
- What’s your favourite piece of clothing?
- What’s your most favourite thing to eat, good or bad?
- What is your most favourite sport to play or watch?
- If you could have one wish, what would it be?
- If someone had the power to look into your future and tell you how your life is going to unfold, would you want to know? Why?
- What do you think is the most valuable lesson we could teach our youth today?
I wish you all much success on your blogging journey 😉