I was inspired to post the food of the week by www.spartan.com because I had a potato covered in butter and salt for dinner last night. Then I saw this quick a healthier way to prepare a potato for dinner. Of course, I already knew this, but just thought I’d share 😉
- 1 large red or white potato
- 1 sprig rosemary, stripped and chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Fill a pot with 1″ of water and bring to a boil.
- Dice potato into small, 1/2″ chunks and place in the boiling water.
- Boil potatoes for 10-12 minutes, or until desired texture.
- Remove from heat, drain the water, and add olive oil, and chopped rosemary. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix together and serve.
If you don’t like potatoes, think about this:
- They’re high in fibre
- Full of energy producing complex carbohydrates
- Rich in potassium and vitamin C
- They contain antioxidant pigments and phytochemicals in their skin