Category Archives: Uncategorized
Hello my friends!
As you can see from the title of my post, I’m back! Where have I been since my last post last April? Actually, I would say my posts started to die off near the end of 2014. The reason being, I’ve had no time! In October 2014 I decided that I was going to go back to school to get my Business Administration degree for two reasons: 1. The degree would help advance my career, and 2. I have always wanted to start my own business. I’ve never had any real business sense so I figured that this would help, and it has!
Since October 2014, I’ve been working full-time, going to school and have recently started two businesses. Needless to say, I have been extremely busy! I still have another year left of school. As much of a great learning experience it has been, can’t wait until it is done, over with and I have my BA degree. It consumes so much of my time and has been really challenging. It is all online, which many people think would be easier. Nope! With online learning you don’t have the benefit of a class room and being able to ask the professor questions. You have to be very organized, disciplined and self-motivated to learn and search for the solution to problems. Thank GOD for YouTube, my online classroom! I wouldn’t have made it this far without it. Ever try taking Stats online?!! That had to be the most painful and most academically challenging thing I have ever had to do.
Anyway, enough about me. How have you all been? Thank you to my followers who didn’t give up on me and continued to follow me in my absence. My life is still crazy busy and will continue to be, but I miss blogging and I miss reading everyone else’s blogs. Looking forward to interacting with everyone again.
See you online!
Woohoo! Let’s do it, BEAST nation! – http://pinterest.com/pin/399553798167196581/?s=3&m=wordpress
12 Foods To Eat When You’re Totally Stressed Out
All you need is:
6 egg whites
2 Tablespoons of salsa. (hot, medium or mild is your choice)
1/2 an avocado
I spray my frying with olive oil. You can try coconut oil for some added flavour. When the frying pan is heated and ready to go, I pour in the egg whites, add the salsa and then the avocado. I just chop up the avocado with the spatula as I mix it all together.
13 grams of fat
10 grams of carbohydrates
24 grams of protein
For a little more flavour, you can add a whole egg. This will change the total amount of calories, fat, carbs and protein but will still taste great.
I just happened to “Stumble Upon” this interesting article. I never knew bananas had so many benefits. I always knew they were very good for you and helped to prevent mosquito attacks in the summer but, this is pretty interesting stuff so I thought I’d share. Can’t wait to try number 25 😉
Have a read:
Happy Wednesday everyone. Hope everyone’s week is going well and that we’re all getting in our workouts. I have here a very quick, basic workout that can be done at home in the comfort of your living room in front of your t.v. if you like, but I would suggest putting on some loud music to get you pumped! As I said, this workout is very basic and requires very little equipment. The workouts that I post are usually a lot more intense but I’m going to try and mix it up a bit for all to benefit:
Complete 5 sets of :
- 20 bent-over barbell rows
- 30 push-ups
- 40 sit-ups
- 50 squats
Here’s a few things to note:
- If you don’t have barbell weights or dumbells you can use a resistance band. Hold onto either end of the resistance band, and step onto the middle of it with both feet, so your ankles are directly underneath your hips. Lean forward, bending at your hips. Keep your back parallel. Pull both elbows up so they’re in line with your torso. Keep your elbows in and pointed upwards. Then slowly lower the handles of the resistance band back to the starting position to complete one rep.
- If you are unable to do standard push-ups, start with a bent-knee push-up. Start on your hands and knees with your hands directly under your shoulders; fingers facing forward and knees under your hips. Reposition your knees as needed to create a straight line in your body from the knees, through the torso and out through the head. There should be no bend at the hips. Brace your abs. Keeping your torso rigid and head aligned with your spine, slowly bend your elbows and lower your body toward the floor until your chest or chin touch the floor. Keeping a rigid torso and head aligned with your spine, press upward through your arms.
- For sit-ups lie down on the floor with your legs bent at your knees. You may have someone hold your feet for you or place your feet under something to help brace you.Place your hands behind your head and lock them together by clasping your fingers. This is the starting position. Raise your upper body so that it creates a V-shape with your thighs. Once you feel the contraction for a second, lower your upper body back down to the starting position.
- To do a safe squat, with your feet about hip width apart, sit back as if you were sitting back on a chair, not going straight down. Keep your knees in line with your feet. Don’t let your knees bow in and try to keep your knees from going out past your toes.Descend until your thighs are just above parallel to the floor. If you have strong enough legs and knees you can go to parallel or even break parallel.
Do each exercise one after the other and rest 1-2 minutes between sets. If the prescribed number of reps is too high, no worries. Just do half the prsecribed amount and build from there.
For fun, time each set or see how long it takes you to do all 5 sets.
Remember to stretch when you’re done 😉
Any questions please feel free to ask.
Enjoy your day 🙂
What are you grateful for today?
What are you grateful for today?
Thanks so much to Ellie, a true Woman of God at New Creations Ministries, for this nomination. I was delighted to receive the nomination and I am honoured. Thank you Ellie 🙂
The rules for accepting the nomination are as follows:
- The nominee of the Wonderful Team Member Readership Award shall display the logo on his/her blog.
- The nominee shall nominate 14 readers they appreciate over a period of seven days. This can be done at any rate during the week. It can be ALL on one day or a few on one day and a few on another day, etc.
- The nominee shall name his/her Wonderful Team Member Readership Award nominees on a post, or on posts, during the 7 day (1 week) period;
- The nominee shall make these rules known to each reader s/he nominates;
- The nominee must finish this sentence and post, “A Great reader is….”
My nominations for this award are:
We Are 2Fit2 Quit -The road to Transformation starts with a Dream…
The Happsters -Like Hipsters, But Happier.
She’s Losing it! -A Fitness Blog – My Bikini Project
Lean Fit and Healthy -A regular guy trying to make healthy choices and live an active life
Little Blog of Letting Go -Suicide Prevention. Support for Depression and Grief. Encouragement for Everyone.
My Everyday Power Blog-Power tips for Success, Inspiration, Love, Motivation & Personal Development. Everyday!
The River Walk– Daily Thoughts and Meditations as we journey together with our Lord.
Craftedincarhartt– Carhartt Women’s Blog
Recovery Health– A Perfect Balance of Health /// Beauty
Grass, Roots & Grains-Low fat, plant-based, whole foods, yummy recipes & healthy living tips
at350degrees-A blog to feed the hungry nerd.
A reader is someone who finds passion in reading, has a love for learning, has a creative mind and respects and appreciates various styles of writing.
Congratulations! You all have such wonderful team spirit which is evident in the quality of your writing and the information you share. I wish you continued success on you blogging journey 😉